A simple way to provide a memorable eCommerce customer experience is to add personalized service. Implement this, and you will be able to create a good first impression among your customers.
Offering personalized services to customers is so important today that online sellers cannot think of neglecting it. It makes customers feel valued and encourages them to remain loyal to brands.
Multiple channels, platforms, and technologies have made it possible for both customers and businesses to interact. Which in turn, makes it easy for sellers to offer personalized services, as they know what their customers are looking for.
If you are still lagging behind in capturing the interest of your customers, it’s time to understand the significance of personalized services in eCommerce. Find out how you can offer a personalized eCommerce customer experience to attract and retain more customers to your platform.
What is Customer Service Experience in eCommerce?
eCommerce customer service experience refers to the overall customer experience that the buyers perceive throughout their online product purchase process. It includes the pre-purchase and post-purchase experience.
A report by Forbes reveals that 80% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a brand that provides personalized experiences (original source – Epsilon).
eCommerce service experience is a broad term and varies widely depending on the type of products bought and customers’ expectations.
Offering a 100% positive customer experience is challenging for any eCommerce seller. However, the least they can do is enhance their services as per the customers’ demand.
Customer service experience is beneficial for businesses in multiple ways as mentioned below:
- Customer retention: Customers who have a great experience are more loyal to a brand.
- Word of mouth marketing: Customers tend to share their online buying experiences with others.
- Business scalability: Based on the insights collected about customers, sellers can scale their business by adding more services and features.
- Business growth: Positive customer feedback helps companies to add new customers and boost their sales.
- Brand recognition: Maximum positive experiences can help companies create brand recognition and expand their customer base.
How to Offer Personalized eCommerce Customer Experience?
According to a Deloitte report, apart from mobile platforms, omnichannel services, and social media analytics, personalization will make the future of eCommerce bright and help it grow. Thus, it becomes increasingly essential for the sellers to offer personalized products and services than ever before.
Here are some important strategies that an eCommerce business can implement to offer a personalized eCommerce customer experience.
1. Understand Your Customers
You cannot offer personalized customer services to your customers without understanding their psychology of purchasing products online. The better you know your customers, the easier it will be for you to enhance your marketing strategies and sales.
Expectations of customers vary depending on various factors such as demographics, gender, age etc. Hence, use the following strategies to understand the needs of customers:
- Think according to customers’ perceptions towards buying a specific product online.
- Do market research to understand the products or experiences a specific group of customers looks for.
- Explore the latest trends to understand the requirements of your target audience.
Once you have a good understanding about the needs of customers, you can implement strategies to offer personalized products and services that can satisfy them.
2. Optimize Website Experience
The product page on an eCommerce platform is the first thing a customer experiences when purchasing products online. Hence, the online store web pages must be optimized to give the best experiences.
mCommerce is the term used for businesses and purchases that are done over mobile devices like cell phones or tablets. Most online purchases today are made through mobile devices. Hence, when considering website optimization to enhance customers’ experience, businesses must keep in mind the mobile view of the website.
A study shows that 57% of customers won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed website on mobile. If the website isn’t mobile-friendly, 50% of customers will stop visiting it, even if they like the product and brand (source – Superoffice).
You should focus on the following areas, when considering optimizing the eCommerce website page:
- Ensure easy navigation through pages
- Enhance product categorization
- Add detailed product description
- Include personalized products options
- Add helpful filters
- Include advanced search options
- Ensure easy checkout options.
3. Add Variations in Products
Attributes such as color, size, and shape add variations to a product. Customers love to search and compare products that are slightly different from one another. This helps them buy the product with the color, size, and pattern of their choice.
The benefit of including variation in products is not just restricted to meeting customer satisfaction, but it also helps in increasing the visibility of the product and enhancing sales.
Online sellers can also try including complementary products along with the main products. Say, including matching accessories with the dress. This can further boost the personalized customer experience when purchasing products online.
4. Offer Personalized Customer Support
Offering top-notch customer support to customers must be the foremost priority of online sellers as it can be a huge differentiator for their success. Personalized customer support makes customers realize that as a seller, you care for them. If implemented correctly, personalized customer service can help you retain customers for the long term.
The use of technology plays a significant role in offering personalized customer service. For example, chatbox, 24×7 customer support helps customers resolve their queries anytime related to the products.
Here are some of the other strategies to add a personalization touch in the customers’ support service:
- Use customers’ names to greet them on live chat, emails, WhatsApp etc.
- Ask them, if they are looking for any other products based on their searches.
- Provide them with product options.
- Ask them about their experience of buying products on the site.
- Tell them to share their feedback and review based on their buying experience.
- Handle customer feedback effectively.
5. Provide Personalized Customer Delivery Experience
Personalized delivery experiences mainly focus on offering delivery options to customers before the product is dispatched and providing real-time tracking of product shipment. These two are the basics of providing personalized customer delivery experience. However, if you wish to forge ahead of others, you must think out of the box.
You can add personalized touch to delivery by implementing the following strategies:
- Offering delivery options to customers before the product is dispatched.
- Adding customized or sustainable packaging.
- Completing delivery before the expected date of delivery.
- Providing real-time tracking of product shipment.
- Confirming if the product is delivered in the right manner.
6. Engage in Post-purchase Communication
Post-purchase communication is one of the best forms of offering personalized eCommerce customers experiences. It is all about connecting with customers after the delivery of products. For an eCommerce seller, post-purchase communication is extremely important as it is only after the delivery of a product that an eCommerce seller can determine if they have met customers’ expectations or not.
Here are some of the strategies to offer personalized service through post-purchase communication:
- Connect with customers as soon as the product is delivered to confirm if they have received the right product or not.
- Find out if they are satisfied with the product and services or not. The message must make sense with the product and services that are offered.
- Add customized content in the message to help customers remember the purchased products.
- Ask them to share their experience by adding feedback and reviews.
How Does Pickrr Help You Personalize Your eCommerce Customer Experience?
Pickrr, a tech-logistics service provider understands the significance of eCommerce customer experience. Along with advanced logistics solutions, Pickrr helps businesses to connect with their customers and offer them personalized logistics services through Pickrr Connect.
Use Pickrr Connect to:
- Send personalized SMS, emails and WhatsApp messages to customers.
- Confirm their availability for product pickup.
- Deliver products based on their convenience and more.